Contractor of the Year Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy and security.
Contractor of the Year Inc. (“COTY”, and references to “us”, “we” or “our” shall be construed accordingly as meaning Contractor of the Year Inc.) is responsible for this website and is committed to protecting your privacy and security.
2. Providing Information. On certain parts of this website (or in other situations) we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com ) to keep it accurate, current and complete.
3. We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal information to comply with the same. However, the Internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that Contractoroftheyear.ca shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
5. Using Your Information. We will notify you as to the types of information we are collecting about you as well as the uses we intend to make of that information. We may use the information we collect about you to notify you from time to time about important new features and changes to our online services or special offers, competitions or promotions we think you’ll find of interest.
6. Who Else Will We Provide Your Data To? We will not pass on your personal details to any third party, including site sponsors or advertisers, without your consent. In order to provide products and services to you we may need to provide your data to our agents and service providers. We may provide aggregate statistics about our users, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to our third-party partners (if any), but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified.
7. Cookies. When you visit an COTY website(s), COTY uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you’re use of the website. A number of cookies COTY use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
Create a specific log-in session for a visitor to an COTY website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner
Recognise when a visitor to an COTY website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get
Customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website
Store your product selections to the shopping basket
Collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors
Some of the cookies used by COTY websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on COTY website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
a) Our cookies
We have described the main cookies we use and what we use these for below:
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More Information|
|Google Analytics:||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|WebTrends uses a cookie to track the number of unique users of this website. It basically tells us whether the website has a small number of regular visitors or a large number of infrequent visitors. The cookie only relates to what goes on in this website
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
b) Third party cookies
Certain cookies are either set by third parties on the Website or these are set by us using the third parties cookie code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website.
|SS_X_JSESSIONID||A randomly generated number that identifies preferences within a session, such as the contents of your shopping cart between one page and the next.|
|SQ_SYSTEM_SESSION||Remembers your details on filling out a form, so it can be quickly completed the next time. This cookie is only deployed if you tick the relevant box to give your permission.|
9. Call Monitoring for Quality Control. Please note your calls to COTY may be recorded for training and quality control purposes.